20 September 2014

More on the antenna supports...

I am working on building supports for the two poles out of a 2x4 tomorrow.  I'm hoping that I will have the supports finished by tomorrow afternoon and be able to have some pictures to post.  Oh, yes, and be able to work some DX too!  I just discovered I can't find my beloved G5RV Junior.  I am not sure where it's at.  I know I have it though.  I guess I'll have to build another one when I can afford some more wire.

Been looking at getting an ICOM IC-7200 someday.  That looks like it'd be a fun radio to take out into the woods to operate.  I also like that you can plug it directly into a computer to control it, no special cable needed.  Speaking of computer, I found my Gateway LT31 netbook today and am installing a fresh install of 64-bit Windows 7 Professional on it.  Can't wait to get it done.  It'll be nice to have a small computer to take with me when I operate portable.  I'll probably keep it in the shack too.  It'll save precious room in my tiny shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad news

So it looks like I'm still off the air.  One of my HF rigs is dead and the other has issues working with my computer.  A new HF rig is g...