17 September 2014

Building a new antenna system

Now that I know I can setup my radio on the back porch, I'm working on setting up a new support system.  I was given eight fiberglass poles (think surplus military antenna poles).  I have to put a "top" on one of the poles so I can hang the dipole from both sets of poles and build a support base for each set, but when I'm done, the poles will be high enough for me not only to put my 20 meter dipole up but I will also be able to put up my beloved G5RV Junior dipole.  I'm pretty happy about this and for an investment of under $20, not bad for doing what I want to do.

Here's a picture of the G5RV Junior installed at my former residence.  It was about 50' or so in the air.  With the antenna support system I'm working on now, it'll be around 35' in the air.


I've discovered over the years I really enjoy building wire antennas and finding creative ways to get my signal out, to include loading a gutter system on a former apartment building I lived in.

I'll have more information about the antenna system as time goes on and hopefully a few pictures too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad news

So it looks like I'm still off the air.  One of my HF rigs is dead and the other has issues working with my computer.  A new HF rig is g...