03 July 2020

Week of contests

So, after Field Day, I've participated in the RAC Canada Day contest (my first time; enjoyed it; adding it to my calendar) and am now in with the 13 Colonies contest which is going well.  I've worked 11 out of the 13 stations and the bonus WM3PEN station ... now to work VA and NJ then try to grab the GB13COL (in England) bonus station ... another clean sweep!  I've participated in the 13 Colonies contest since it started twelve years ago off and on and, save for the boorish behavior of way too many contest participants, have had a lot of fun with it.

This marks the start of "contest season" for me.  I do a good bit of contesting in June and July then move on to fall and early spring.  There's a lot of contests I'm wanting to try this year.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm also participating in the monthly Feld Hell sprints.

All of the contests are available on the WA7BNM Contest Calendar at contestcalendar.com.  You can also add the entire year's worth of contests to your Google Calendar.  That's how I keep track.

So, for the rest of the year, besides the monthly Feld Hell sprints, I'll be participating in these contests:

  • North American QSO Party: I'll be in both RTTY (July 2020/February 2021) and SSB (August 2020/January 2021)
  • Tennessee QSO Party (6 Sept. to 7 Sept.)
  • CQ Worldwide DX Contest RTTY (26 Sept-7 Sept)
  • CQ Worldwide DX Contest SSB (24 Oct-25 Oct)
  • ARRL Sweepstakes Contest SSB (21 Nov-23 Nov)
  • ARRL RTTY Roundup (2 Jan-3 Jan)
  • Winter Field Day (30 Jan-31 Jan)
  • ARRL International DX Contest SSB* (6 Mar-7 Mar)
  • CQ WWW WPX Contest SSB (27 Mar-28 Mar)
* = I won this contest in my section and division in 2016.  Time for another win!


Of course, this all depends if I'll be able to get into the shack after my foot surgery, if I'm working or not on weekends (IT is good for ruining your weekend plans), and a host of other "ifs".  Still, it's a good thing to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad news

So it looks like I'm still off the air.  One of my HF rigs is dead and the other has issues working with my computer.  A new HF rig is g...