21 November 2021

Installing Pat (open source Winlink client) in FreeBSD

I decided to tinker around today and installed Pat, an open source Winlink2000 client written in Go, on my FreeBSD 13-powered desktop.  It's quite simple.  The directions to install Go under FreeBSD do not exist on the Pat website so I'll put them here for you.

The three-step process:

  1. Install Go:
    # pkg install go
  2. Set up needed paths in ~/.profile:
    export GOROOT=/usr/local/go
    export GOPATH=/$HOME/goprojects
    export PATH=$GOPATH/bin:$GOROOT/bin:$PATH
  3. Run this command to download the code and compile it:
    go install github.com/la5nta/pat@latest 

Note on step 2: you can use whatever name you want for the directory.

Your binary will be hiding out in the bin directory in the GOPATH path.

Then configure Pat and you should be good to go.

Webpages used for this little FAQ:

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad news

So it looks like I'm still off the air.  One of my HF rigs is dead and the other has issues working with my computer.  A new HF rig is g...