15 September 2023

Almost there!

I'm nearly complete getting my station set up but I still need a few more items and to permanently mount my antenna...

The radio is fully set up, but I couldn't find my CAT control cable for the 706 so I ordered another one off of eBay.  It should be here sometime this next week.  I need to permanently mount the antenna on my ramp and am waiting until I get a ride to Harbor Freight to get a few things as well as buying an additional window feed-thru jumper so I can run HF at 100W (https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/cma-ctc-50m).  The nice thing about using my ramp is that I can use it for a big ol' counterpoise for my antenna along with my antenna matcher.  I still have to go out and change the wander lead on my antenna when I change bands if I'm going to transmit, but that's a small price to pay.

Here's the antenna I have, the MFJ Apartment Antenna:

https://mfjenterprises.com/products/mfj-1622


I really want to get the Comet CHA-250HD antenna but at $400, that's going to have to wait.



Some day...

I did get my SignaLink set up and I'm ready for digital modes once again.

I'm hoping to participate in the ARRL November Sweepstakes this year.  It's been a long while since I've been in any on-air contests.

Thinking about putting this sign next to my antenna...


That should make the neighbors stay away...


Here's the current setup.  It's not perfect but it works and for now, that's what matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad news

So it looks like I'm still off the air.  One of my HF rigs is dead and the other has issues working with my computer.  A new HF rig is g...